All international students fall under the regulations of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. College procedures and regulations for non-U.S. citizens must comply with federal law; hence, admission requirements for international students, including permanent residents, differ from those for United States citizens.
The following steps may be completed on the website. You may also request a paper application and pay by check or cash.
- Submit the online application. Apply Now
- Submit the non-refundable Application Fee of $150.00 (USD).
- Optional (See step #13 below): Submit the Transcript Evaluation Fee of $200.00 (USD).
The following items may be sent by email to email@example.com. They may also be mailed to our school address or faxed.
- Submit a Letter of Interest. Explain why you wish to attend THSU and what makes you a good candidate.
- Submit 2 Letters of Recommendation.
- Submit 1 digital passport photo. See passport photo requirements here.
- Submit a photocopy of your passport.
- Submit a photocopy of licenses or certificates in the Healing Arts (if applicable).
- Submit a photocopy of all university diplomas in your native language and English translation.
- Submit the Certification of Financial Responsibility Form. Click Here
The following items must be sent directly to the university by mail.
- Submit proof of sufficient financial resources for educational and personal expenses (as shown on the Certification of Financial Responsibility form) in the form of an official bank statement or a proof of funds statement. An original copyof the financial document must be sent to the university address shown below.
- Submit official transcripts in both your native language and English translation. Transcripts must be mailed directly from the schools where the coursework was completed to THSU at the address shown below.
- Submit a course-by-course evaluation of all foreign (not from the U.S.) academic transcripts (including U.S. equivalency of degree(s) earned, courses taken, grades for each course, and overall GPA). An official copy of the evaluation must be mailed directly from the evaluation company to THSU. Students have two options to complete this step.
Option A: Student Submits Transcripts for Evaluation
Transcript evaluations will be accepted from any NACES accredited member. You can find a list of NACES member agencies here. It is highly recommended that students who intend to enter the BSTCM, MSAOM, or DAOM programs submit their transcripts for evaluation to World Education Services (WES) since they will need a WES evaluation in order to take board exams and apply for licensure in the future. See the WES website here.
Option B: THSU Submits Transcripts for Evaluation
Students may elect to have THSU submit their transcripts for evaluation. If you wish for THSU to take care of this step for you, please submit the $200.00 (USD) fee for the evaluation of transcripts, credentials, and other overseas documents. You can pay the transcript evaluation fee here. Transcripts will not be submitted for evaluation until the admissions office has received the required fee.
- Mail us an original (not photocopy) TOEFL or IELTS score report. Report must be dated no more than two years from date of application. See score requirements for each program below.
- Bachelor of Traditional Chinese Medicine: TOEFL iBT 50 / IELTS 5.5
- Master of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine: TOEFL iBT 61 / IELTS 6.0
- DAOM program: TOEFL iBT 80 / IELTS 6.5
- MBA programs: TOEFL iBT 61 / IELTS 6.0
- TOEFL code for Texas Health and Science University: 7680
- Complete an Interview with the Academic Dean (or other authorized school official).
Students who are admitted into the university must complete the following steps.
- Sign and submit the Registration and Enrollment Agreements by mail, email or fax.
- Submit the Tuition Deposit of $250.00 (USD), which will be applied toward the first semester tuition. Pay Here
- Pay the I-901 SEVIS fee. Click Here
- Apply for the F-1 Visa. Click Here
- Complete Financial Aid paperwork (if applicable).
After your F-1 visa is approved, get on an airplane and fly to Austin, Texas!
Email your documents or questions to:
Fax your documents to:
Mail your documents to:
Texas Health and Science University
4005 Manchaca Road
Austin, TX 78704