All international students fall under the regulations of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. College procedures and regulations for non-U.S. citizens must comply with federal law; hence, admission requirements for international students, including permanent residents, differ from those for United States citizens.
For Information of the Student Visitor and Exchange Program visit the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement website.
Submit the Online Application. Apply Now (International Students → Admissions Application)
English language proficiency can be demonstrated by ONE of the following means:
1) TOEFL iBT
MSAOM – 61 (with minimum speaking score of 20 and a minimum listening score of 17)
BSTCM – 50
MBA/MBAH – 61
BBA – 50
MSAOM – 6.0 (with minimum speaking score of 6.5 and minimum listening score of 6)
BSTCM – 5.5
MBA/MBAH – 6.0
BBA – 5.5
3) Have completed a 2-year (60 semester credits or 90 quarter credits) baccalaureate or graduate level, English-based education in an institution:
accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education, or in the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada (except Quebec), New Zealand, or Ireland. In all cases, English must have been both the language of instruction and the language of the curriculum used.
4) English is an official language in the student’s home country.
(The following items must be sent directly to the university by mail.)
1) Submit official transcripts in both your native language and English translation. Transcripts must be mailed directly from the schools where the coursework was completed to THSU at the address shown below.
2) Submit a course-by-course evaluation of all foreign (not from the U.S.) academic transcripts (including U.S. equivalency of degree(s) earned, courses taken, grades for each course, and overall GPA). An official copy of the evaluation must be mailed directly from the evaluation company to THSU. Students have two options to complete this step:
Option A: THSU Submits Transcripts for Evaluation
To have THSU submit your transcripts for evaluation, please submit the $200.00 (USD) Transcripts Evaluation Fee (Pay the fee here). Transcripts will not be submitted for evaluation until the admissions office has received the required fee.
Option B: Student Submits Transcripts for Evaluation
Transcript evaluations will be accepted from any NACES accredited member. You can find a list of NACES member agencies HERE.
It is highly recommended that students who intend to enter the BSTCM or MSAOM programs submit their transcripts for evaluation to World Education Services (WES) since they will need a WES evaluation in order to take board exams and apply for licensure in the future. See the WES website HERE.
3) Submit proof of sufficient financial resources for educational and personal expenses (as shown on the Certification of Financial Responsibility form) in the form of an official bank statement or a proof of funds statement. An original copy of the financial document must be sent to the university address shown below.
4) Mail us an original (not photocopy) TOEFL or IELTS score report. Report must be dated no more than two years from date of application. See score requirements for each program below.
The following items may be sent by email to email@example.com. They may also be mailed to our school address or faxed.
After receiving and reviewing all the admissions documents, students will be scheduled to be interviewed by the Academic Dean (or other authorized official).
Upon admission into the university, students will be required to submit the following items before the semester start date:
Apply for F-1 Visa:
Get on a plane and fly here. We’ll see you in Austin, Texas!
4005 Manchaca Rd, Austin TX 78704
(Follow UT’s inclement weather status)
Copyright © 2020 Texas Health and Science University | All Rights Reserved