THSU is approved by the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) for the training of veterans and other eligible persons.
Veteran Services we can assist are:
- The post 9/11 GI bill – Click Here for more details
- Montgomery GI bill Active – Click Here for more details
- Reserve – Click Here for more details
- Survivor’s and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program – Click Here for more details
- National Call to Service Program – Click Here for more details
- Vocational Rehabilitation Program – Click Here for more details
- Forever GI Bill – Harry W. Colmery Veterans Educational Assistance ActThe President signed into law the Harry W. Colmery Veterans Educational Assistance Act also known as the “Forever GI Bill,” which will bring significant changes to Veterans education benefits. The law is named after the American Legion national commander who wrote the original GI Bill language in 1944, and will allow more Veterans to use the GI Bill and more time to use it. Some of the changes will go into effect immediately, and some are written to go into effect shortly after.Some new provisions that go into effect immediately include:
- The 15-year time limitation for using Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits is eliminated for Veterans who left active duty on or after January 1, 2013, and qualifying dependents (Fry children who became eligible on or after January 1, 2013 and all Fry spouses).
- Reservists who had eligibility under the Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) and lost it due to the program sunset provision will have that service credited toward the Post-9/11 GI Bill program.
- Certain work-study is permanently authorized; previously it had to be re-approved by Congress every few years.
- The VetSuccess on Campus program will be available to students across the country
- VA will help Veterans to more clearly identify schools that offer them priority enrollment
The majority of the changes enhance or expand education benefits for Veterans, Servicemembers, Families and Survivors. Simple breakdowns to a portion of the provisions can be found here.
In order to receive Veteran’s Benefits, the veteran must first establish his/her eligibility with the VA directly. Click Here to visit. Once eligibility has been established, THSU will certifies the veteran’s enrollment.